HomeFree Video TutorialsFairy School TutorialClasses

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today I will create art!

Trial and error, the inchies and twinchies above are the steps I took to get to my final product which is below.


When I woke up this morning, I said to myself, "I am going to craft all day!". Next thing I know, I am doing dishes, cleaning the floor, doing laundry, vacuuming and even cleaning the microwave. Have you ever done this? Said you were going to do one thing and then completely ignored it? Sigh.

Eventually, I did end up in my art room. And even though I thought about beating myself for not getting there until 1pm. I didn't. I decided that I did not need to. I chose to do the housework. (why, I do not know!). But it did feel good to get done. When I arrived in my art room I felt freer and ready to go. So I have been creating for 3 and a half hours straight, boy does that feel good or what?

Here is my first creation. This is my entry into this weeks challenge at Small World of Inchies and Twinchies. The theme this week is Black, white and red. This twinchie is about dreams really....about believing that you can have it all. And by "all" I mean, live the life that truly feels good to you, no guilt, no shoulds, just what truly feels right and good to you.

I figure this came out of my choice to clean first, even though I had committed myself to crafting only. It did feel good to clean! And then, it feel fabulous to craft!

I am sharing with you two photos. The finished product and the many steps I took to creating it.

8 comments:

K J D said...

Hi

What a lovely post....

Your twinchie is beautiful.... I loved seeing the steps to get there!

Lynn said...

I hear you Terry, I have done this many times myself, but I think that three and a half hours is pretty good for your creative self :)
Love your twinchie, I like the finished look with the tiny jewels on the crown :)

Chris F. said...

Very well done!

Willy said...

Fabulous twinchie, Terri!

Debby said...

Beautiful twinchie, Terry!

Becs said...

I love these! You have been tagged my friend.

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow, Terri, i love these! Great idea! They are fab!

Carole said...

I do that all the time. Wake up and decided I'm going to be in the studio all day (or a good portion of it) and then find a million other things to do.

Great pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...